Josette Ferrer spoke at PLI’s “Pocket MBA 2022: Finance for Lawyers and Other Professionals” program in September 2022. The Pocket MBA program occurs over two days, and is specifically designed for non-accountants, in-house and law firm attorneys, and other professionals who work with financial information – with a goal to improve attendees’ understanding of business strategies, accounting fundamentals, and vocabulary used by management, investors, auditors, and bankers.
Josette collaborated with Paul Llewellyn, Partner at Lewis & Llewellyn LLP on “What is it Worth? Valuations”, and September 2022 was the fourth year that Josette and Paul presented at the Pocket MBA Program. Josette and Paul covered the following during their session:
- Considerations for attorneys when engaging a valuation firm
- Key valuation philosophies – art vs. science and the importance of the “story” behind the numbers.
- Foundations for a valuation engagement – what, when, and why
- Valuation analysis – process, approaches, and methodologies
- Review of a detailed case study