Josette Ferrer spoke at PLI’s “Pocket MBA 2019: Finance for Lawyers and Other Professionals” program in September 2019. The Pocket MBA program occurs over two days, and is specifically designed for non-accountants, in-house and law firm attorneys, and other professionals who work with financial information – with a goal to improve attendees’ understanding of business strategies, accounting fundamentals, and vocabulary used by management, investors, auditors, and bankers.
Josette collaborated with Paul Llewellyn, Partner at Lewis & Llewellyn LLP on “What is it Worth? Valuations”.
Josette and Paul covered the following during their session:
- Considerations for attorneys when engaging a valuation firm
- Key valuation philosophies – art vs. science and the importance of the “story” behind the numbers
- Foundations for a valuation engagement – what, when, and why
- Valuation analysis – process, approaches, and methodologies
- Review of a detailed case study
Click here for information on the 2019 Pocket MBA program.